Planning and completing an office move to new premises is a complicated process which requires many challenging decisions. See this project not as a difficult problem but an exciting opportunity to transform the way your company operates, by using your ideas and some tried and tested office move procedures you can prevail. At the end of the refit process, you’ll have modern, light, and airy workspace where staff will be happy, creative and have what they need to succeed. This will enable your company to thrive for years to come.
Do Some Initial Research
At the beginning of your project the internet is a valuable tool for gathering information and finding a suitable supply partner. Using your favourite search engine type in ‘office fit out stroud’ or something similar, this should give you a listing of local companies that specialise in office refits. Take some time to view as many websites as possible, look at their products and processes making notes of you prefer and any suppliers that might make your shortlist. Further research into installation companies is possible using consumer websites like Trustpilot or Feefo, they show how well suppliers are rated by their previous clients. Now let’s look at the different areas of office you might improve.
Areas To Improve
The perfect modern office interior is versatile and multi-functional while also encouraging your staff’s creativity, this is achievable by focusing some key areas, they should be –
- Layout – modern office partitioning systems can effectively divide the space and maximise it’s potential, a popular choice are glass partitions that allow the natural light to flow thorough an office increasing staff well-being and output.
- Décor – a crucial element in any great office environment, the colour scheme can uplift all concerned and when combined with the other office fixtures like green planting form the overall aesthetic outlook of the workplace.
- Lighting – As a crucial part of any working premises this is of high importance, modern Led lighting can provide the correct lighting level if enough natural light is not available.
- Furniture – ergonomically designed modern office furniture in bright colours can improve staff productivity while also adding to overall look of the office.
- Staff Areas – it is important staff have somewhere to relax when on their breaks focus on breakrooms and kitchens and make sure they are suitable for the amount of staff you have.
Great Procedural Steps
Once you’ve completed your research it time to start planning the process, it’s important to define your goals and set the budget, accordingly. Appoint a project manager who can manage the refit and liaise with your chosen installation partner leaving you to run the company. Conduct brainstorming sessions with your staff, this can identify any specific needs and keep the workforce engaged in the project. Use briefings to keep staff fully informed as to what is happening during the ongoing refit, this allows your company to function effectively during the changes.
By following these steps and having a good installation specialist you can realise your dream, you’ll have a fantastic new office where staff are happy and productive which will propel your company to new heights.