As numerous studies have shown, there are many benefits to having a good amount of natural light in any workplace; it energises the body to produce vitamin D and helps regulate the natural rhythms that govern sleep-wake schedules. That, in turn, makes us happier and lets us focus and work more efficiently, which can only benefit any employer. A flexible office improvement can increase natural light levels in any premises. A glass partitioning system, available to suit any budget, can open up your office to let in the light.
A Great Building Material
As a building material, glass has several properties which make it appealing as a design choice; it is low cost but strong enough to form a barrier when you wish to close off an area without restricting the flow of natural light. It is flexible in that it can be installed in both different configurations or settings and embellished with any design, be it a company logo or motivational customisation. It is combined with an aluminium frame to form an easily fitted product, from a simple single glazed wall with a standard timber door to a stand-alone four-sided glass-walled meeting room with switchable blinds. There is an option to suit your budget.
Types Of Glazed Partitions
There are around half a dozen main types of glazed partition in use today; from the budget option single glazed partitioning to the premium option curved glass partition, they have a differing level of acoustic protection. The primary glazed partitions are as follows –
- Single glazed – a great choice with the option to add frosting films or logos.
- Double glazed – improved acoustic performance with optional internal switchable blinds for additional privacy.
- Banded glass – a popular choice with aluminium framing forming an internal square pattern giving an industrial look.
- Acoustic glazing – an additional protective membrane that gives the highest level of sound protection if a quiet area is a requirement in a noisy workplace.
- Demountable Partitions – relocatable partitions offer flexibility as they are moveable as needed.
- Fire-rated glass – can be used to protect fire evacuation routes or other areas that need additional protection.
- Curved glass partitions – a premium product that can produce a statement piece of any modern office.
Finishes And Additional Extras
As I previously mentioned, the glazed partition can be added too, with many helpful extras. Internal blinds, also referred to as switchable glass, can switch between transparent and opaque glass at the touch of a button. Doors to glass offices can be traditional timber or several glass options, from sliding doors to fire-rated glass to suit situational needs.
Any excellent installer of glass partitioning systems should offer you a complete end-to-end design process. Advise you of the best products to create the light and airy office space you will be proud to show to existing and prospective clients. Take a look at glass partitions today!